With more than 60,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Aquatics Director
Branch: Lionville Area YMCA
Pay Class: Full Time/Exempt
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine: The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
Position Purpose: The Program Director of Aquatics manages the delivery and development of aquatics. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring, onboarding and training of staff and volunteers; curriculum development; providing budget input; and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. This is an entry-level management position that considers the size, scope and budget of the program area and/or branch in classification.
- Delivers aquatics and swim instruction program area(s) to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA.
- Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Provides input towards the development of program and/or branch budgets as requested by management.
- Hires, trains, and supervises hourly staff and volunteers in assigned area.
- Manages payroll for program team
- Facilitates communication and provides leadership to assigned part time staff.
- Aids in the branch community campaign as needed.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations.
- Ensures that program and Association standards are met, and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures execution of high-quality programs through innovative program delivery.
- Coordinates special events and activities as required for the program.
- Provides data, rosters, schedules, and reports as required for assigned programs.
- Interfaces with and resolves member concerns to further member engagement.
- Establishes and maintain4s collaborations with community organizations
- Ensure compliance with all YGBW policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Two years of related work experience preferred
- Experience directing programs through supervision of volunteers and staff
- Previous experience with diverse populations
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
- Making a difference in a person’s life every day
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Working for a diverse and inclusive community-based non-profit
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan (after 2 years of service and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Flexible hours, paid time off and holidays
- Free Family Membership (all members of the family membership must live in the same household)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Pay Type Salary