Lead Teacher - Full Time
With more than 60,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Lead Teacher Full Time
Branch: West Chester Area YMCA
Location: 605 Airport Road
Shifts/Availability: Full Time Monday to Friday
Starting Pay: $16.00-$18.00/ hour
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
The West Chester Area YMCA is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to work in our Childcare Early Learning Center as a Lead Teacher. The ideal candidate will not only possess the state requirements for the position, but will also have a passion for working with young children and model the core values of the YMCA. We look forward to having you join our dynamic team!
- Perform all Lead Teacher functions including creating and implementing lesson plans, following DHS regulations, maintaining a safe learning environment for the children
- Plan and implement an educational program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social needs of both the individual and the group
- Maintains a healthy and engaging early childhood learning environment as well as a clean and risk-free room arrangement
- Interact with the children to encourage development and involvement in activities
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationship with families, keeping parents/guardians well informed regarding the child’s growth and development
- Maintains maintenance records, including, but not limited to: accident and incident reports, sign in/out sheets, attendance records
- Oversee the safety and whereabouts of the children in group at all times
- Work with Director to hold parent conferences as specified by program
- Work with Director to supervise Aides and/or other Assistant Group Supervisors as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and 30 credit hours of early childhood, elementary or related human services field education, or 15 college credit hours and one year experience related to the care and development of children or high school diploma and 2,500 hours of service
- At least 3 years of experience preferred
- Must keep an up-to-date DHS file with a current physical
- Ability to effectively use technology for programmatic needs
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free YMCA family membership, medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. Program discounts on YMCA of Greater Brandywine programs, camps, childcare, and continuing education classes at Immaculata University.
- Pay Type Hourly