DOT Compliance Specialist
The DOT Compliance Specialist will partner with cross functional teams within the Bozzuto's organization to maintain all driver records in accordance with DOT laws and regulations as well as company policies. They will be responsible for the adherence of these regulations at both a state and federal level. Day to day tasks will include coordination with the Fleet Manager regarding the logging of drive times and preventative equipment maintenance schedules. You will also periodically audit the entire operation to ensure full compliancy.
- Ensuring compliance with DOT, FMCSA, Driver Qualification documentation, Motor Vehicle Reports, and Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Schedule drug screens for new hires, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing as required.
- Maintain DOT Drug and Alcohol Database by ensuring testing is performed as required and pool is maintained correctly.
- Request Full Query on all new hires in Federal Clearinghouse website.
- Maintain, update, and implement driver qualification records per current DOT regulations including medical cards and CDL-A License
- Monitor drivers through appropriate safety databases
- Notify drivers of upcoming document expirations, obtain renewed documents, and upload on company personnel software.
- Assist Maintenance Department with any DOT equipment audits.
- Work with General Counsel as well as the Maintenance and Safety Departments to address any Driver compliance issues.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by leadership
- Must be 18 years or older
- 2+ years’ experience in similar DOT administrative support role
- Preferred - Bachelors of Science in General Administration or equivalent experience
- Preferred but not required - Customer Service experience
- Preferred but not required - Transportation Distribution and Logistics experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office & DOT specific programs such as Samsara
- Monday – Friday
- Standard Business hours
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays base on business needs
- Warehouse Office – approx. 65F – 75F
- Physical abilities: May be required to lift up to 50lbs.; ability to stand, walk and sit throughout your day; Walking on a variety of flooring such as carpet, concrete, tile etc
- Strong communication Skills: Ability to provide & receive constructive feedback; communication of expectations and directions clearly
- Building a team based environment: Working independently and as a team player to ensure our drivers are receiving information timely and with the highest quality
- Project Management: Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadline based projects
- Quality: Maintain integrity and high standards from all perspectives
- Safety Culture: Maintain and drive safety policies to all associates; driving for accountability of safe practices throughout shift
- Pay Type Hourly
- 400 Industrial Ave, Cheshire, CT 06410, USA