Big Rig Driving Academy - Instructor
As the , you will be responsible for performing classroom and hands-on instruction for all academy students to ensure they are properly trained, qualified, and competent to fulfill all DOT CDL-A testing requirements. This person must encourage and emphasize the importance of safety and integrity both at the school and in the student’s career. Full and Part Time opportunities
- Instruct students on the overall path of their studies with BRDA & JJ Keller.
- Instruct student drivers to perform pre-trip inspections and gain overall vehicle knowledge.
- Instructs, then observes student drivers perform pre-trip, drop and hook, straight up and back, right and left offset backing, sight side and blind side parallel, and sight side alley dock either in the cab or standing nearby on the range.
- Evaluate and document student progress in the learning management system. (Course Key)
- Teach students the CT CDL Manual sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, and 13.
- (General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination) and conducts practice tests.
- Teaches ELDT with JJ Keller Entry Level Driver Training program including testing.
- Certifies student completion and ELDT exam score (80% required), and the completion of the road, range hours in the FMCSA TPR portal within 48 hours of completion and a minimum of 7 days before the projected test date.
- Monitor student progress and record with appropriate database, collaborate with trainer supervisor when students require additional instruction or are not suited to classification.
- Four-season environments
- Physical Abilities: Ability to kneel, squat, lean over, reach, and climb into vehicles as well as stand or sit for long periods of time and walk over various terrains.
- Strong Communication Skills: Ability to communicate professionally at all Academy levels, through verbal and written means. Be able to provide constructive feedback in a respectful manner while ensuring the participant understands.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to maintain organization in a fast-paced environment while anticipating problems and formulating contingency plans.
- Technical Skills: Experience in an office environment using, Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess a valid CDL-A and a valid medical card with no restrictions.
- Must have 3 years of verifiable CDL Class A experience.
- Instructors should be proficient in all taught maneuvers and possess the ability to drive a manual transmission.
- Must successfully complete the Academy facilitator training program
- Training & leadership experience preferred
- Job Family Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- 400 Industrial Ave, Cheshire, CT 06410, USA