CDL-A Driver - Allentown, PA
MADC, 7168 Daniels Drive, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America Req #4
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Sign On Bonus Based on Experience:
5 yrs. experience = $ 5,000.00
3 yrs. experience = $ 2,500.00
- Pay up to $30/hr. plus bonuses
- Six (6) week paid training program including state- of- the- art simulators
- Limited layovers
- Most Drivers home daily
- Profit Sharing
The CDL-A Driver is responsible for, but not limited to, the safe and efficient operation of a tractor trailer in the transport of products to and from customers and other facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with all fellow team members in a professional and effective manner.
- Comprehend and fully follow established and new Company policies/procedures.
- Works in and adapt to changing business patterns.
- Is available to work all shifts/days of week; have split days off and be available for layovers.
- Enters data into the on-board computer system.
- Properly complete required company paperwork.
- Follows directions in print form and/or by computerized display.
- Adheres to Company Procedures and Safety Rules/Regulation
- Perform other duties as directed
- Must meet all DOT requirements as prescribed in the "Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations" publication.
- Have a commercial tractor trailer driving license with a Class A endorsement for vehicles up to a gross weight of 80,000 pounds for inter-state commerce.
- Hook-up a tractor to a trailer.
- perform pre-trip, post trip and as needed inspections of equipment.
- Unload or unhook drop trailer at various locations.
- Stand and walk on varying surfaces under varying conditions including inclement weather.
- Operate electric and manual pallet jacks on varying surfaces.
- Mount and dismount equipment approximately 54 inches off ground level on surfaces that may be pitched and/or wet slippery.
- Squat, reach, kneel, twist and bend, lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Climb to a height of 54 inches using steps and objects ranging in height from 6 to 19 inches.
- Sit in conditions of constant vibration for periods of time up to 16 hours.
- Twist neck and upper body.
- Use straps and bars to secure loads.
- Push and pull items with resistance of up to 50 pounds.
- Have full use of upper and lower extremities.
- Perform work in a wide range of temperatures.
- Obey safety rules pertinent to lifting and handling of product.
- Follow rules for proper care and maintenance of equipment.
- Handle all pertinent records accurately and legibly.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and proper dress code.
- Report all safety issues in a timely manner.
- Secure adequate rest between work assignments and abide by all DOT regulations.
- Maintain inside tractor and trailer cleanliness.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- MADC, 7168 Daniels Drive, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America