CDLA Driver Recruiter
As Recruiter, you will be a key member and partner of the HR team and with hiring managers in driving our best-in-class talent acquisition programs. This role will have a heavy emphasis on high-volume recruitment of CDL-A Drivers. You will perform recruitment activities such as sourcing, recruitment and selection of key internal and external talent for identified needs while maintaining a high level of service and achieving a positive candidate and hiring manager experience. We’re looking for someone with the know-how, track record and passion to continue to elevate our team and add value to the recruitment function
- Performs high-volume recruitment of hourly positions including candidate sourcing, resume and application review, phone screening of qualified applicants, coordinating the on-boarding process for new hires and managing the offer process.
- Partners with hiring managers to plan and implement recruiting strategies for open positions as well as to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Understands and communicates labor market conditions and the impact on availability of talent in the market; proactively adjusting recruiting strategies to ensure hiring goals are achieved.
- Plans and attends various recruitment functions for the organization including job fairs, open houses, college recruitment fairs and national conferences.
- Serves as the contact person for recruitment agencies and develops and manages advertisements for open positions.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and compliance with federal and state employment laws and guidelines.
- Schedule appropriate interviews and road tests at our North Haven Facility using pre-established interviewing parameters
- Arrange Drug and Alcohol Testing & Background - AFC/ERS/Clearinghouse
- Review testing results in accordance with Federal and State Requirements
- Complete necessary onboarding with Driver’s as New Hire Orientation
- Flexibility to work off shifts, as needed including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Minimum of one (1) years recruiting experience or relevant experience
- Knowledge of technological systems such as but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Applicant Tracking Systems, Indeed etc
- Knowledge of DOT specific systems such as but not limited to: FMCSA, Clearing House, ACF
- Monday – Friday
- Standard Business hours
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays base on business needs
- Warehouse Office – approx. 65F – 75F
- Physical abilities: Ability to stand, walk and sit throughout your day; Walking on a variety of flooring such as carpet, concrete, tile etc;
- Strong communication Skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers and leaders on a daily basis
- Organizational Skills: Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; project management
- Working in a team based environment: Working independently and as a team player to ensure our customers are receiving highest quality service
- Quality: Maintain integrity and high standards from all perspectives
- Safety Culture: Maintain and drive safety policies to all associates; driving for accountability of safe practices throughout shift
- Job Family Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- 400 Industrial Ave, Cheshire, CT 06410, USA