Warehouse Team Member (2nd Shift)
Shift- Sun thru Thurs 3:30PM-12:00AM
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive merchandise for return or delivery and verify its content
- Pack orders in an orderly manner and close the ticket so they are ready for shipping
- Scan all containers to determine appropriate contents as well as end destination
- Pick merchandise from the distribution center and transport it to the shipping bay
- Count stock merchandise based on inventory control log
- Identify damaged, lost, or missing merchandise and notify supervisor immediately
- Occasional janitorial work, always treat merchandise with care and concern
- Follow all safety regulations
- Keep clean workstation and shipping area
- Complying with procedures, rules, and regulations Qualifications
- No experience required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Forklift experience preferred, but not required
- Basic math skills including measurements and weights
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and twisting over surfaces
- Physically able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to sixty pounds if necessary
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee is expected to perform other reasonably related job duties as assigned by an immediate supervisor or other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers, and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A combination of standing and walking
- Includes frequently reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Includes some crawling, kneeling, crouching, turning, climbing and balancing.
- Includes frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and regularly hand lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception acuities.
Zant Co., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination again or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.50
- R.W. Zant, 1470 East 4th St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America