CDL A Driver
Honor Foods Philadelphia, PA, 5505 Tacony Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America Req #15
Saturday, June 17, 2023
- Ability to safely operate a tractor-trailer while adhering to all Federal, State and company regulations.
- Deliver product according to the route schedule. Immediately inform management team of any deviations. May be requested to run backhaul when necessary.
- Must safely unload and deliver all products into the customer’s facilities and place where appropriate (by the customer or company) either by hand, two-wheel dolly, pallet jack, etc.
- Correctly adjust invoices noting returns, shorts, etc.
- Maintain and report hours of service per D.O.T. requirements.
- Perform safety pre and post trip inspections on vehicle. Follows preferred Work Methods and observe all safety rules and regulations in an effort to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Company and the Transportation Department.
- Responsible for complete and accurate daily paperwork: pre-trip, post-trip, invoice adjustments, etc.
- Collect payment when instructed by terms on invoices. Responsible to get the invoice signed by the customer, providing customer their copies, and bringing copies back to the office. Responsible for complete and accurate daily paperwork: correctly adjust invoices noting returns, etc.
- Responsible for organizing invoices and checks, returning all products rejected by the customer and/or returns trailer and other asset (pallets, straps, etc) for check-in procedure.
- Responsible for proper handling of product to minimize damage to products.
- Responsible to maintain positive customer relations and involve management or respective sales personnel to resolve customer issues.
- Maintains a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the job.
- Maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and immediately report any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, department, company and safety).
- Works until the job is completed in accordance with D.O.T. regulations while maintaining acceptable production levels.
- Other duties as requested by a Supervisor.
- Inspects delivery vehicle, per DOT instructions (i.e. checking tire pressure, oil level, gauges, etc.) to ensure that it is set at proper temperature and operating properly.
- Ensures, when leaving truck unattended, that doors are closed and locked and keys are removed from the ignition to avoid occurrences of theft.
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems to truck shop immediately and completes D.O.T. post trip inspection report placing all copies in the proper locations to ensure proper repair and the availability of a fully operational fleet.
- Parks vehicle, following check-in, removes all load bars, pallets, and hand trucks and places the equipment in the appropriate areas.
- Temperature extremes: hot and humid temperatures and/or 5 below zero freezer temperature.
- Occasional overtime as necessary to meet production schedules.
Honor Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination against or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Job Function Transportation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $28.00
- Honor Foods Philadelphia, PA, 5505 Tacony Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America