Senior Commercial Lines Manager- Insurance Products
Location: Hybrid Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in-class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
As the Senior Commercial Lines Manager- Insurance Products, you will build and communicate your long-term strategy aimed at optimizing Central’s commercial product portfolio. Together with your team of Product Managers, you will focus on evaluating the market, defining the value and viability of opportunities and making prioritized decisions. Join the Insurance Product team in this exciting role to help drive innovation of our commercial products!
How you’ll make an Impact
- Own the P&L performance of the Commercial Lines portfolio and drive its profitability. Establish and communicate a clear product vision in alignment with corporate objectives and decide which opportunities to pursue.
- Analyze market discovery research relating to the competitive landscape, industry trends, and emerging technology affecting the overall Commercial Lines portfolio. Review individual product research and look for cross-product opportunities.
- Work closely with leaders in business intelligence, pricing, data science and design research to understand how their priorities will impact the Commercial Lines product portfolio.
- Partner with Product Management team and leaders in underwriting operations, legal, and the security and compliance team to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of Commercial Lines.
- Create and manage a Commercial Lines product roadmap and coordinate with cross-functional team including pricing, data science, underwriting ops, ITDS, compliance, underwriting, marketing, claims, customer service, and digital product to understand delivery plans and be able to answer questions on roadmap timing.
- Set stakeholder expectations on roadmap and explain prioritization decisions. Work with Marketing, Regional Offices, and Digital Product to rollout insurance product changes.
- Coordinate progress towards business outcomes across the product portfolio. Communicate any objections, delays or potential blockers to stakeholders and adjust the Commercial Lines roadmap as necessary.
- Participate as a key member of the durable product team and communicate performance metrics related to Commercial Lines business outcomes.
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of Product Managers. Proactively develop talent by leading regular team meetings and individual check-ins to gauge team health, monitor performance, support development, and address challenges.
- Proactively perpetuate Central's culture – integrity, relationships, excellence – by effectively communicating strategy and expectations, and holding yourself and your team accountable for results.
What you'll bring:
- Master’s degree in business management and 4 years direct Insurance Product experience including 1 year of management experience
- Or Bachelor’s degree in business management and 6 years direct Insurance Product experience including 1 year of management experience
- Or 8 years direct Insurance Product Leadership experience including 1 year of management experience
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and decision making skills to translate research and market insights into an actionable product roadmap
- Clear communication style to explain prioritization decisions and articulate product strategy and roadmaps
- Strong leadership, public speaking and presentation skills
- Exhibits a growth mindset and creative-thinking skills to identify opportunities and blue sky solutions
- Basic financial accounting skills to understand portfolio-level P&L and make effective recommendations
- Ability to effective lead, influence and collaborate cross-functionally
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid #LI-AS1
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA