Insurance Product Manager - General Liability
Location: Hybrid Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in-class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
As an Insurance Product Manager – General Liability, you will build and communicate your long-term strategy for Central’s GL insurance product. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and will focus on evaluating the market and competitive landscape, defining the value and viability of opportunities and making prioritized decisions regarding your product area. Join the Insurance Product team in this exciting role to help drive innovation of our GL product!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Conduct market discovery through research relating to the competitive landscape, industry trends, and emerging technology in assigned states affecting your product area.
- Work closely with business intelligence, pricing, data science and design research to understand the internal book profile of your product area and define your target customer.
- Partner with underwriting operations, legal, and the security and compliance team to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of your product in assigned states.
- Own the P&L performance of your product and drive its profitability. Establish, communicate and execute product strategies aligned with corporate objectives that drive profitable growth in your assigned states.
- Identify, research, evaluate, and prioritize product development and enhancement opportunities.
- Create and manage a product roadmap and coordinate with cross-functional team including pricing, data science, underwriting operations, ITDS, compliance, underwriting, marketing, claims, customer service, and digital product to understand delivery plans and be able to answer questions on roadmap timing.
- Ensure underwriting operations, ITDS, and digital product have the necessary information to execute insurance product changes. Set stakeholder expectations on roadmap and explain prioritization decisions. Work with marketing, regional offices, and digital product to rollout insurance product changes.
- Track progress towards business outcomes. Identify and communicate any objections, delays or potential blockers and adjust roadmap as necessary.
- Participate as a key member of the durable product team.
- Track financial and performance metrics to understand progress towards product and business outcomes. Actively monitor KPI metrics and share results with durable team members.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s degree in business management and 2 years direct Insurance Product Management experience
- Or bachelor’s degree in business management and 4 years direct Insurance Product Management experience
- Or 6 years direct Insurance Product Management experience
- Strong research skills to conduct primary and secondary market research
- Ability to gather and synthesize large quantities of information to find unmet needs and opportunities
- Strategic thinking skills to translate research and market insights into an actionable product roadmap
- Basic financial accounting skills to understand product P&L, populate predefined business case templates, and make recommendations based on the results
- Ability to collaborate and co-lead groups of people in innovation workshops
- Clear communication style to explain prioritization decisions and articulate product strategy and roadmaps
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through subject matter expertise and influence rather than direct reporting relationships
- Experience working in an agile environment
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid #LI-AS1
- Job Family Insurance Product
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA