Snow Sports Instructor (FT or PT Seasonal)
Snow Sports Instructors provide the highest level of Ski or Snowboard instruction to guests of Crystal Mountain to advance in their Skiing or Snowboarding ability.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Meet Snow Sports expectations including Great Service, Quality Programming and Safe Recreation.
· Provide guests with a fun, safe, enjoyable and memorable learning experience while exploring appropriate terrain on Crystal Mountain.
· Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
· Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills.
· Develop and foster group dynamics appropriate for the age, skill and makeup of the students in the class.
· Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a daily basis by using the appropriate and available methods developed for each Ski and Snowboard School program.
· Follow the resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
· Instruct all students on The Responsibility Code, and ensure all safety practices are taught and adhered to.
· Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
· Demonstrate teamwork, cooperation, respect, and professionalism at all times.
· Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
· Ask for additional training or help when needed.
· Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
· Conduct lessons according to the standards set out by Crystal Mountain Snowsports programs.
· Be knowledgeable of all the programs Crystal Mountain offers.
· Ensure students’ equipment is adequate and comfortable.
· Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Instructor manual and survival guide.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
· Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
· PSIA certified or equivalent preferred.
· Dependable and meets goals.
· Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
· High School diploma or equivalent
Physical & Other Requirements:
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
· Able to work any shift, weekends and holidays as schedule and weather dictates.
· Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
· Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
· Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America