Baker (FT Seasonal)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Understanding baking principles and techniques and being able to execute advanced technical preparations consistently and efficiently
· Producing daily orders from retail outlets for packaged foods such as cookies, crispies and energy bars.
· Determining and executing production responsibilities for daily banquet activity including bread service and dessert service
· Communicating inventory needs to appropriate supervisor
· Maintaining a clean, sanitary and organized work environment
· Prepares bread, rolls, muffins, and biscuits according to recipe: Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
· Measures ingredients, using measuring cups and spoons.
· Mixes ingredients to form dough or batter by hand or using electric mixer.
· Cuts dough into uniform portions with knife or divider.
· Molds dough into loaves or desired shapes.
· Places shaped dough in greased or floured pans.
· Spreads or sprinkles topping, such as jelly, cinnamon, and poppy seeds on specialties.
· Places pans of dough in proof box to rise.
· Inserts pans of raised dough in oven to bake, using peel.
· Adjusts drafts or thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperature.
· Removes baked goods from oven and places goods on cooling rack.
· May bake pies, cakes, cookies, and other pastries.
· Other duties as assigned.
· ServeSafe preferred, not required
· Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
· Dependable and meets goals.
· Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· Combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the required duties.
Physical & Other Requirements:
· Minimum of 18 years old due to use of mechanical equipment and work hours.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell.
· The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
· Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
· Pre-employment background check, survey and references required.
· Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America