IT Specialist (FT Year Round)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides software, hardware and network support and troubleshooting on the resort.
· Provides support on a wide range of applications including Microsoft, and resort based software.
· Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
· Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues.
· Researches questions using the available information resource and advises user on appropriate action.
· Tracks all help desk interactions in IT work order system.
· Identifies and prioritizes situations requiring urgent attention.
· Tracks and routes problems and requests and documents resolutions.
· Stays current with system information, changes and updates.
· Works with Guests on WiFi issues when assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and hardware in the technology field required.
· Must possess an understanding of installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, network and accessory equipment.
· Previous experience with relevant call tracking applications (PSA) a plus.
· Advanced personal computer Windows Applications and Operating Systems skills required.
· Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
· Previous customer service experience is a plus.
· Must possess problem solving skills.
· Ability to adapt to situations as they arise.
· Must possess great attention to detail.
· Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
· Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
· Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
· Maintains office, employee and company confidentiality at all times.
· Dependable and meets goals.
· An AA/AS degree preferred in computer related field plus two years relevant experience.
· The combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Physical & Other Requirements:
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to stand.
· The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
· Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
· Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America