Front Desk Supervisor - 2nd Shift (FT Year Round)
Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America
Thursday, August 31, 2023
In addition to providing guest service for lodging accommodations at the front desk, the Front Desk Supervisor provides service recovery and leadership support to the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively support the front desk team as a working supervisor who performs the duties of a Front Desk Agent, and assists the front desk staff as needed to ensure adequate coverage is achieved.
- Handle guest recovery concerns on shift.
- Act as a liaison to other resort departments.
- Review and respond to guest satisfaction surveys as necessary.
- Maintain standards of operations, policies and procedures, and manuals. Suggest additions, modifications, and corrections. Help create, implement, and coordinate new procedures.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as directed by managers.
- Responsible for upholding all departmental and company procedures by example.
- Promote Crystal Mountain lodging and services to guests and potential guests.
- Assist with coordination of special projects, training and etc.
- Communicate with housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests have requests or report issues.
- Greet and complete established check-in procedures for arriving guests.
- Facilitate guest departure (check-out), reviewing accounts and charges with guests during the checkout process to ensure billing accuracy.
- Assist with answering incoming calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls, and responding to guests inquiries to provide timely and efficient service.
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintain complete responsibility for personal bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Prior experience with Springer Miller (SMS), Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook skills required.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources, and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Able to work with computers, faxes, copiers, scanners, and various other technologies in offices and on the resort.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year Front Desk Agent experience or commiserate skill sets.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record.
- Pre-employment background check, survey and reference checks required.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.