Terrain Park Attendant (FT and PT Seasonal)
Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
The role of a Terrain Park Attendant is to act as host in regard to crowd control, education, and safety awareness, as well as assist the Terrain Park Supervisor in the maintenance and upkeep of the Terrain Park.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, take down and maintain Terrain Park features as directed by Terrain Park Supervisor.
- Design plans for the terrain park layout, taking into account the natural features of the mountain.
- Inspect, test, and maintain Terrain Parks.
- Operate and maintain maintenance equipment.
- Perform light maintenance or repair to equipment as directed by Supervisor.
- Complete all applicable paper work for each shift.
- Document and report all safety issues.
- Complete logs and checklists.
- Adjust and monitor features to meet operational needs as directed and as weather permits.
- Communicate issues of significance during shift with Terrain Park Supervisor.
- Assist with freestyle events and competitions taking place in the Terrain Park.
- Maintain Terrain Park signage and terrain markings.
- Evaluate terrain features, repair snowboard benches, rails and non-snow features.
- Maintain shape and integrity of all Terrain Park features by shoveling, salting, opening, and closing features as needed.
- Record all pertinent terrain feature information by testing features throughout the day for proper construction and documenting any required or performed maintenance daily.
- Act as an ambassador of Crystal Mountain to deliver the Crystal Difference, and create a positive experience for guests and within the Terrain Park Crew.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Advanced skiing, snowboarding or freestyle skills required.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Able to work any shift, weekends and holidays as schedule and weather dictates.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.