Ski Lift Operator (FT and PT Seasonal)
Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Crystal Mountain Lift Operators work outside in the elements to make sure our guests load and unload the lifts safely and efficiently. They also ensure that all guests have valid lift tickets and ensure well organized lift lines.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Give verbal instructions to skiers on how to load and unload the lifts and be as friendly, helpful, and courteous as possible when doing so.
- Ensure safe operation of lift.
- Be alert at all times monitoring safety.
- Provide information to riders.
- Participate in ski lift evacuation training exercise and actual ski lift evacuations, if necessary.
- Shovel snow and continuously maintain the condition of lift mazes and loading and unloading platforms.
- Maintain a clean workplace in lift shacks.
- Use proper technique for loading and unloading lifts, and assist with special cases, such as children and handicapped skiers.
- Check tickets of skiers and maintain orderly crowd control in lift mazes.
- Maintain overall operation of the lift in which you are in charge.
- Complete all required forms legibly and accurately, such as the Daily Lift Log.
- Perform pre-operation check of the lift, as well as at the end of shift.
- Professionally resolve issues during shift and communicate to supervisor.
- Call for assistance as needed.
- Assist with picking up debris by lifts, buildings, and slopes.
- Ensure break rotation schedule is timely.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time and resources.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Have an understanding of how Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) gates, tickets and other equipment and devices operate.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Able to effectively use personal protective equipment (PPE) with use of equipment emitting loud noises, high pressure mechanicals and some hazardous materials.
- Able to work outside for extended periods of time in cold weather.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.