Housekeeper (PT Seasonal)
Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America
Friday, September 15, 2023
A Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the standards of cleanliness in hotel units, condos and shared public spaces. This position is responsible to achieve current resort Guest Satisfaction Standards in cleanliness and service on a consistent basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean guest rooms, corridors, lobbies, stairways, elevators and lounges.
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors.
- Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies.
- Dust and polish furniture and fittings.
- Clean exterior entrances, decks, and furniture to include BBQ grills.
- Empty and clean trash and recycling containers and dispose of trash in a sanitary manner.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
- Distribute linen, towels and room supplies using wheeled carts or by hand.
- Restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, soaps, shampoos, writing supplies and in-room literature.
- Report Unit Inventory variances to Team Leader after each cleaning.
- Keep housekeeping storage area and vehicle stocked and orderly at all times.
- Replace dirty linens with clean items and make beds following resort protocol.
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Store all dirty laundry in line with company policy
- Respond to guest queries and requests
- Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms.
- Follow all company safety and security procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues, safety hazards, and damage of property.
- Follow lost and found procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills including the ability to listen carefully and ask the right questions to gain clarification.
- Integrity including honesty and high ethical standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Have high work standards including the ability to meet performance standards without supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.