Front Desk Assistant Manager (FT Year Round)
Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America
Thursday, September 28, 2023
The Front Desk Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting management and providing leadership for the Front Desk Department at Crystal Mountain.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the front desk as a working assistant manager who performs the duties of a Front Desk Agent, and assist the front desk staff as needed to ensure adequate coverage and outstanding customer service.
- Primarily provide oversight for evening and closing shifts
- Provide exceptional guest service to all guests, setting the standard for front desk staff. You should be the top example of a front desk agent.
- Handle guest recovery concerns during shift.
- Maximize revenue and occupancy by accurately selling rooms (i.e. walk-ins) and up selling during check in.
- Act as a liaison to other resort departments.
- Assist in supervising and mentoring front desk staff to include recruitment, training, performance management, counseling and other employee relations issues.
- Monitor staff hours and timecards on a weekly basis and assist with reviewing new candidates and the hiring process.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as directed by the Rooms Division Manager.
- Conduct inventories and assist with purchasing duties as needed.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally, communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Act in the best interest of the desk, ensuring that the front desk is covered at all times. This may mean arriving early, staying later than scheduled and covering call ins.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of two or more years Front Desk Agent experience or commiserate skill sets.
- Prior experience with Springer Miller (SMS), Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Outlook required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Able to work with computers, faxes, copiers, scanners and various other technologies in offices and on resort.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record.
- Pre-employment background check, survey and reference checks required.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.