Fork Truck Repair 1st Shift
TITLE: Fork Truck Maintenance
PLANT: Corporate Maintenance
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Electrical/Machine Control Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PAY GRADE: 16-18 ($22-$30) Based on Education and Experience
Perform Routine Preventive Maintenance on fork lifts, diesel trucks, pickup trucks, transmission components, brake systems, etc. to ensure safety and longevity of the equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following list includes the type and scope of work that needs to be done as a part of this job. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Gibbs Die Casting Corporation provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current Team Members to discuss potential accommodations with the Human Resources Department.
- Must provide and use your own hand tools.
- Specialty tools will be provided by fork truck department.
- Keep machines and their parts well oiled, greased, and cleaned.
- Inspect and check fork truck performance.
- Keep complete and up-to-date records on fork trucks.
- Detect and diagnose problems, disassemble machines and repair or replace the necessary parts. Reassemble machine, test and ensure it operates properly.
- Operate testing equipment to pinpoint malfunctions in equipment including but not limited to: tachometers, dynamometers, ohmmeters, ammeters, voltmeters, etc.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance, in accordance with scheduled work hours, and overtime(OT) as assigned.
- Willing to participate in additional training/education.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education: Degree or certification in automotive technology.
Certifications: Must have a valid driver’s license. Automotive Mechanical Certifications are preferred but not required.
Experience: 2 years related experience; fork lift mechanical training/experience. Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity; experience using a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Job Family SKLDWKR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Gibbs Die Casting Corporate Maintenance, 369 Community Drive, Henderson, Kentucky, United States of America