Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment.
Gibbs will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
REPORTS TO: Plant Quality Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Champion quality assurance and quality control functions. Plan, develop, and implement techniques, processes, procedures, and systems that eliminate and prevent defective products while fostering continuous improvement, standardization and waste elimination. Lead by example and develop a culture that embraces a quality first mindset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and champion team development of new programs to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met. (Includes development of APQP processes, Control Plans, PFMEAs, process flow diagrams, inspection standards, capability analysis, gages / fixtures, mistake proofing, etc.)
- Create & update quality documentation accordingly as required for corrective and preventative actions, process changes, PPAP & ECN approvals, waivers & deviations. This includes document control, storage, and database updates.
- Assist Program Manager with new program launches to meet timelines and facilitate indirect staff within the plant to arrange and coordinate a flawless product launch.
- Be a customer focal point for communication with the customer concerning quality and delivery complaints, and process changes.
- Review and approve PPAP submissions including customer specific requirements and IATF16949 compliance.
- Champion, monitor, and attend special customer specific performance activities, report-outs, and other quality-related meetings/conferences.
- Coordinate and facilitate cross functional problem-solving teams to perform root cause analysis for failures internally and those affecting our customers. Facilitate and document value added corrective/preventative actions using formal methodologies (e.g. 8-D, Shainin Red X, Critical Thinking, 5P & 5-Why principles)
- Champion containment activities for all concerns internal and external. Coordinate product returns from the customer.
- Assist Quality Manager in entering, managing, and tracking complaints.
- Have up to date knowledge of all AIAG standards, IATF16949 standards, customer requirements and expectations, and monitor and enforce plant progression and regression of compliance.
- Promote continuous improvement to the quality system and procedures to increase value to internal and external customer processes.
- Make solid data & fact driven quality decisions. Assist and teach others in quality decision making activities, customer requirements, gage techniques, inspection and part fit and function features detrimental to customer satisfaction.
- Assist and support each manufacturing department concerning process, quality, documentation, and general input.
- Perform periodic layered audits on a scheduled basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university.
Certifications: Blueprint reading, GDT, Measurement tools, SPC, problem solving, ISO or IATF16949 audit training a plus.
Experience: Three or more years of experience in the quality engineering field, preferably in the automotive industry. Detailed knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), Failure Mode and Effective Analysis (FMEA), Control Plan development, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Statistical Process Control (SPC) and customers’ requirements to IATF16949.
- Job Family ENG
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Gibbs Die Casting Comac, 3093 Ohio Drive, Henderson, Kentucky, United States of America