This position is not based in a store or working a register. This position will work out of our commercial kitchen in Columbia, MO preparing food for our Break Time locations.
A Break Time Production Associate will work as part of a team to assemble and package sandwiches and other food items for retail sale to Break Time convenience stores, while following high standards for food preparation, cleanliness and all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation of his or her shift.
MFA Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
- Prepare a variety of food products in a timely manner, while maintaining item consistency and quality per company policy
- Follow all company procedures set forth in regard to production, cleanliness, and product packaging
- Carefully monitor weights and measurements while following product recipes and supervisor direction
- Prepare product packaging and labeling while working in a 50-degree Fahrenheit commercial kitchen for duration of shift
- Adhere to product and ingredient rotation using the FIFO food service methods
- Record and limit any waste or damaged products, packaging, and ingredients
- Follow production schedules provided by supervisor
- Assist with route load assembly by packing and labeling delivery totes per instruction
- Maintain an organized work environment including coolers, freezers, storage rooms, and production areas
- Follow guidelines, recipes and wall charts for proper preparation and execution of all food service programs
- Follow standards for quality, service, cleanliness, and food safety
- Properly clean and maintain equipment, dishes, and food service area
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment using company guidelines
- Always clean when time allows
- Know and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Utilize and perform all duties on the checklists to meet consistent adherence to company policies, procedures, and expectations
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties and store operations
- Follow posted work schedule and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors, and customers
- Keep management informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention
- Assist in the proper training of new food production associates as needed
- Attend and participate in all required training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- At least 18 years of age
- Availability to work weekends and holidays
- Reliable transportation to work
- Ability to meet company requirements including successful pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Ability to exchange accurate information with Break Time customers in English
- Obtain adequate food safety training (food handler’s card or equivalent) and any other required certification
- Capability to learn new concepts and use technical materials
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in order to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of products during vendor check in
- Ability to consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Physical ability to move and position self to move and retrieve products and supplies form shelves, under counters, or stacks of inventory weighing up to 50 pounds
- Physical ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or driving) for up to nine hours per shift
- Ability to visually observe and inspect items and work environment for regular job responsibilities and safety concerns
- Physical ability to work in a 50-degree Fahrenheit commercial kitchen for duration of shift
- Physical ability to move and position products in cooler with temps as low as 30 degrees for up to 1 hour
- Physical ability to move and position products in the freezer with temps as low as 0 degrees for up to 10 minutes
- Willingness to occasionally ascends/descends ladders to handle inventory or products
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Strong work ethic
ABOUT MFA PETROLEUM COMPANY
MFA Petroleum is a subsidiary of MFA Oil Company, a farmer-owned cooperative founded in 1929. MFA Petroleum operates Break Time convenience stores in Missouri and a Big O Tires franchise in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
MFA Oil supplies fuels, lubricants, and propane to customers in Missouri, Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. MFA Oil also operates BluSphere Energy, a solar panel installation company, and APM, a wholesale fuel distributor.
Our benefits are designed to invest in you! We offer a comprehensive benefits structure for variable-hour positions including competitive wages; paid time off and paid company holidays; and the opportunity to share in company success through profit sharing and/or performance incentives. Employees have access to healthcare benefits once eligibility criteria are met.
The core values of MFA Oil are aligned with our purpose and are the cornerstones upon which our culture is built.
- Put Customers First
- Respect Everyone – Demonstrate high regard or show special attention to customers, coworkers, vendors… everyone you come in contact with.
- Provide Excellent Service – Go the extra mile to ensure our customers are happy and satisfied with our products and services.
- Deliver on Your Promises – Do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it. Every time.
- Be Tenacious
- Give Your Best – Always give your best effort and seek to improve every day.
- Never Settle – Settling can lead to compromising on effort and quality of work. Find a way forward and don’t settle for “It can’t be done.”
- Work Passionately – Passion accelerates your abilities, propels you to overcome obstacles and shows customers and co-workers that you care.
- Lead by Example
- Do the Right Thing – When we let honesty and integrity be our guide, we will always be headed in the right direction.
- Take Ownership – Each of us must be accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers and our company.
- Act with Empathy – When we recognize and understand each other’s challenges, we communicate better and grow stronger as a team.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
We believe there’s always room to learn and grow, from entry-level employees to senior leaders. Opportunities exist for internal advancement and professional development including on-the-job training. Educational expense assistance is available for employees seeking to continue their education ambitions aligned with their employment within the company.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia, MO, USA