Resource Center Counselor
The Resource Center Counselor provides supports to individuals who are guests at the Resource Center, in accordance with individual interests/personal goals, and consistent with the individual's CSIDD Plan
Benefits include but not limited to up to 16 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) during first year of employment, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance & 403B planning with company contribution.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Psychology, Social Work or other Human Service related field, and a minimum of 2 years' experience working with individual with I/DD and behavioral health needs, or, High School Diploma, and 4 years' experience working with individuals with I/DD and behavioral health needs.
- Excellent reading and writing skills needed to effectively complete Resource Center documentation requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the highest quality of care and support to all guests. Maintain effective, positive and quality operations at the Resource Center, in accordance with the CSIDD Treatment Plan, Center for START Services Resource Center module and Arc Chemung-Schuyler policies and procedures.
- Assist guests to achieve personal goals, work on behalf of guests to overcome barriers, respect guests' personal beliefs, choices and interests and, promote community inclusion and acceptance. Implements all treatment objectives within the CSIDD treatment plan.
- Provide appropriate assistance to promote health and wellness, communicate with medical professionals and record information regarding health events, conditions and status.
- Serves as a role model and mentor, demonstrating socially acceptable (desired) behaviors and coaching individuals supported to demonstrate same, using approved techniques and strategies.
- Attains and maintains required certification(s), including but not limited to: Center for START Services Resource Center module, Medication Administration Approved Personnel status, First Aid/CPR. Completes required initial and update trainings as determined by Center for START Services RC module and the Arc Chemung-Schuyler.
- Assist guests with ADL's when necessary (eating, grooming, bathing, toileting and walking/maintaining stability).
- Administer medications in accordance with physician order and Arc Chemung procedure.
- Render first aid/CPR and/or seek emergency medical care as needed.
- Use approved physical intervention techniques when necessary to protect guests.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Acts in a professional manner and communicates effectively with others.
- Maintains and adheres to ethics of confidentiality, Center for START Services Resource Center module and Arc Chemung policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Resource Center Director.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to tolerate the stresses associated with multiple, simultaneous demands
- Regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk and frequently required to use hand and fingers
- Required to travel (25%)
- Safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license therefore
- Lifting: May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Grupo de puestos Arc Chemung Schuyler
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $18.50
- Tasa de contratación máxima $20.50
- Dansville, Nueva York 14437, EE. UU.