Overnight Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Recuperative Care Center - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus (Prorated Based On Weekly Schedule)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an Overnight Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Recuperative Care Center to work collaboratively within an Integrated Health Care for the Homeless team to support participants in the Recuperative Care programs at CCH. This position responsible for performing both independent and delegated duties under the supervision and delegation of CCH Registered Nurses (RNs). This position supports the unique realm of Recuperative Care for the unhoused.
This position will mainly support patients in our new, one-of-a-kind 75-bed, 24/7 facility. The LPN will help an integrated team provide a safe, supportive, healing, therapeutic, harm-reduction, and trauma-informed environment for individuals healing from an acute medical need. We are looking for individuals with a deep commitment to show up every day, which includes a reliable mode of transportation, a focus on curiosity to learn in a team setting, and an ability to communicate with all stakeholders you engage with. This position is located at 2175 California St., Denver, Colorado 80204 and reports to the Recuperative Care Manager.
This position is eligible for an Overnight Shift Differential of 10% - 15% based on scheduled hours and weekends.
$5,000.00 sign-on bonus (prorated based on weekly schedule)
Minimum Compensation- $29.00/hour
Mid Compensation- $34.00/hour
Max Compensation- $39.15/hour
Qualified candidates are eligible for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program. Licensed health care providers may earn funds towards student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site through this program.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis.
- Performs plan of care interventions, including specimen collection, wound care, and other clinical needs.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation when needed.
- Empowers patients by providing appropriate ongoing and reinforced health education and information after initial RN education plan is created and provided, including but not limited to addressing common chronic and acute health conditions in this population, such as diabetes management, hypertension management, nutrition, wound care, and disease prevention.
- Administers medications following written protocols or direct provider order.Understands limitations of medications within LPN scope.
- Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care teams including but not limited to registered nurses, medical assistants, primary care medical providers, behavioral health providers, psychiatric providers, peer specialists, dental assistants and hygienists, pharmacists, patient navigators, case managers, client access representatives, inventory and lab coordinators, and nurse educator.
- Provide nursing services as needed for other CCH programs.
- Preceptor to new staff members and nursing students.
- Participates in team-based or interdisciplinary quality improvement initiatives.
- Attends required disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, suite, quality improvement, and all-staff meetings
- Maintains EPM, EHR, and other documentation core competencies
- Works collaboratively with all facility employees to ensure optimal facility operations and that client services are not interrupted; may perform other duties as needed for program operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Active Licensed Practical Nurse license with ability to work in the state of Colorado.
- A passion for working with vulnerable populations with a focus on trauma-informed care is necessary.
- A passion for working in a harm reduction environment with a focus on collaborative goal planning with patients is necessary. Experience in harm reduction environments is preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Grupo de puestos Healthcare
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Denver, Colorado, EE. UU.