Part-Time Overnight Registered Nurse (RN)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an Part-Time Overnight Registered Nurse, Recuperative Care Center to provide acute and chronic nursing care for patient in the Recuperative Care program. Triages referrals and works with community hospitals and facilities to coordinate care plans for patients. This position is located at 2175 California St., Denver, Colorado 80204 and reports to the Respite Nurse Manager.
This position is eligible for an Overnight Shift Differential of 10% - 15% based on scheduled hours and weekends.
Minimum Compensation- $36.12/hour
Mid Compensation- $42.31/hour
Max Compensation- $47.25/hour
Qualified candidates are eligible for the NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program which offers payment of 60% of unpaid nursing education debt in exchange for a two-year commitment at a NURSE Corps approved site with an option to extend to a third year for an additional 25% of the original balance.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides nursing care to program participants at Stout Street Recuperative Care Center to accepted community standards of quality healthcare.
- Works with local hospitals, community clinics, social service agencies, and other CCH programs to ensure appropriate continuity of care.
- Triages and supports program referrals based on patient acuity, program requirements, and bed availability.
- Provides patient education that is tailored to the individual learning style, education and/or reading level and is sensitive to the culture of the individual patient.
- Provides patient-centered care within an integrated, trauma-informed, harm-reduction model.
- Empowers patients by providing appropriate health education and information.
- Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as scheduled or appropriate.
- Record all clinical services in a timely and complete fashion in the EHR.
- Maintain up to date records in EHR.
- Record telephone and other clinical communications as needed in the EHR.
- Manage tasks, PAQ and scanning as needed to have a complete and current chart.
- Maintain accurate information regarding client’s insurance status and complete CCARs/DACODs and other clinical authorization documentation as needed.
- Utilize the EHR and any future upgrades as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- AD, BSN, or MSN in nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Current licensure from the State of Colorado to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Successful completion of privileging and credentialing process for RNs at the Coalition.
- Preferred experience in ambulatory, public, or community nursing.
- Preferred experience in mental health, emergency room, urgent care, palliative, care management, or critical care.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Grupo de puestos Healthcare
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $36.12
- Tasa de contratación máxima $47.25
- Denver, Colorado, EE. UU.