Assistant Superintendent I Gold Mountain Golf Club
Assistant Superintendent | Gold Mountain Golf Club
Gold Mountain Golf Club is looking for an Assistant Superintendent (Cascade Course). The right candidate will be taking the place of the long-time assistant who is retiring at the end of the 2024 season after 40+ years. The goal is to have the right candidate on board for the 2024 season to learn directly from the current assistant. Gold Mountain Golf Club, Cascade Course is in the early stages of a Masterplan remodel which will include bunkering, rerouting, tee complexes and greens then later, the irrigation system. The selected candidate will be directly involved in all aspects of the masterplan.
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Potential for incentive Based.
- Dues GCSAA and WWGCSA
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Under the Supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, oversee the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees, and buffer zones within the property.
- Help schedule and assign daily tasks to maintenance team members and oversee tasks are executed safely and efficiently.
- Assist in monitoring irrigation system, perform repairs, assist in hand watering, and sprinkler adjustment as needed.
- Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner while managing the work being performed by the maintenance team.
- Able to work into the evening, nights, weekends and holiday shifts as required.
- Supervise and participate in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assist in developing annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintain records and complete required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed. Perform monthly chemical inventory.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge of golf turf management and proper maintenance of golf course grounds.
- Knowledge and use of operating standards for equipment and techniques used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work part of a team.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play
- 4-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Positive attitude with a strong attention to details
- Understand and enjoy the game of golf.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to calibrate sprayers and have knowledge of chemicals that are used for basic turf care maintenance.
- Basic understanding of irrigation systems and components that are used in golf course maintenance.
- Must have positive attitude and be willing to bring new ideas.
- Experience managing up to 30 team members in a positive and efficient manner.
- Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $24.00
- Tasa de contratación máxima $32.00
- Gold Mountain Golf Club, 7263 W. Belfair Valley Road, Bremerton, Washington, Estados Unidos de América