Set Up Mechanic 1st Shift
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the set-up mechanic is responsible for setting up the manufacturing machines properly to enable the production of the product. With the guidance of the Senior Mechanic, they assist in the process of doing preventive maintenance, and installation of high-volume automated processing equipment and facility systems. Also responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Perform set-ups / equipment changeovers for manufacturing/packaging and process equipment on their assigned resource including (but not limited to): capping equipment, metal detectors, check weighers, cartons, feeders & cleaners, filling machines, labelers and coders, sealers, sorters, and wrappers.
- General troubleshooting of machines.
- Solid understanding of hardware and measuring tools, including but not limited to: identification and proper application of metric and standard hardware as well as the use of tape measures and calipers.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all assigned production equipment following the PM checklist.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2-year minimum experience in a production mechanical trade
- Ability to conduct machine set-up, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work order to perform required maintenance and service
- Preventable Maintenance experience required
- Understanding of Lock-out/Tag-out
- Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP and on the job training
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $25.00
- Tasa de contratación máxima $30.00
- 2120 Smithtown Ave., 2120 Smithtown Ave., Ronkonkoma, Nueva York, Estados Unidos de América