A Long Island based organization is looking for a Controller to join its growing team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing, fast-paced environment with an up-and-coming industry leader. Piping Rock Health Products, founded in 2011, winning Long Island’s Top Workplaces Award four years in a row, is supported by a group of vitamin visionaries with over 40 years of industry experience and a carefully curated team of talented associates. Piping Rock is a global vitamin and supplement manufacturer with an unwavering commitment to creating quality wellness products. The Controller will maintain financial records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze reports; manage treasury function.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Manage various finance and accounting operations including Treasury, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory
Accounting, Revenue Recognition, and International Accounting
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state
and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
• Lead the development and implementation of improvements to accounting procedures and internal controls
• Lead the professional development of all team members
• Maintain general ledger chart of accounts and common financial codes across systems
• Review prepaids, accruals and intercompany accounts and ensure reconciliation of such accounts
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
participating in professional organizations
• Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP and on the job training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
CPA or CMA preferred
• 8+ years of relative experience.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, strong reporting skills, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong team building skills, deadline-oriented, strong time management and prioritizing skills.
• Very strong in Excel and accounting systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior NetSuite experience is a plus.
We proudly offer: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match, Pet insurance and more!
We reward the hard work of our team members with fun and exciting company events, Picnic, BBQ Packages, Holiday Celebrations, and associate referral bonuses!
Piping Rock Health Products, founded in 2011, winning Long Island’s Top Workplaces Award four years in a row, is supported by a group of vitamin visionaries with over 40 years of industry experience and a carefully curated team of talented associates. Piping Rock is a global vitamin and supplement manufacturer with an unwavering commitment to creating quality wellness products. Being deemed an essential business from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Piping Rock has kept its doors open, production moving, and associates safe. We believe that family always comes first, and that the dedication of our associates is the key ingredient to our success.
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Tasa de contratación mínima $140,000.00
- Tasa de contratación máxima $160,000.00
- Nivel de formación requerido Título de licenciatura
- 3900 Veterans Memorial Highway, 3900 Veterans Hwy., Bohemia, Nueva York, Estados Unidos de América