Senior Sustainability Analyst
This position uses a variety of research methods to analyze, report, and provide recommendations for corporate sustainability projects and programs. Stays abreast of trends in renewable resources, sustainable work processes, and environmental science. Ensures proper sustainability benchmarks are established and maintained using ESG measures, standards, and methodologies.
- Responsible for and/or assisting in the development, implementation and management of the sustainability activities at SSAB Americas
- Develop and implement sustainability policies, programs, and initiatives in alignment with company goals.
- Establish targets and KPIs, managing/monitoring of CO2e emissions or carbon footprint, and developing and managing sustainability initiatives and programs.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify opportunities for improvement across the company’s environmental, social, and economic performance, including associated governance.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to promote sustainable business practices.
- Manage projects related to sustainability, including developing project plans, setting timelines, and ensuring deliverables are achieved.
- Monitor compliance with sustainability standards and regulations.
- Prepare reports on sustainability performance for senior management.
- Serve as a resource on sustainability information for employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in funding initiatives for sustainability projects from government agencies, foundations, and other sources.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications staff to promote the company’s sustainability efforts.
- Remain current on developments in the field of sustainability and disseminate information appropriately.
- Responsible for encouraging and evaluating continuous improvement opportunities via innovations, new technology, learned efficiency practices, etc.
- Participate in industry associations and other professional networks focused on sustainability.
- Provide support through routine contacts with operations and engineering personnel relating to environmental permitting and compliance, if applicable.
- Provide support and guidance to the sustainability, environmental, and safety committee(s), if applicable.
- Provide environmental compliance support to other SSAB Americas facilities and perform routine audits of those facilities to insure compliance, if applicable.
- In addition, this position is accountable for monitoring and/or evaluation of various environmental activities relating to auditing, reporting, permitting, and environmental compliance regulations.
- This position supports other SSAB North American facilities, as assigned.
No direct reports are assigned to this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, sustainability, or related field.
- 7-10 years experience working in sustainability or a related field.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing sustainability programs.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong research and writing ability.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior experience in heavy manufacturing.
- Experience working with GaBi database and modeling principles, LCA, and EPDs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Share Point, Minitab 17, and Power Point.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in sustainability and environmental management, as well as experience in project management, change management, and stakeholder engagement.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to:
Sit and work at a desk
The employee is frequently required to:
- Stand and walk, and may alternate sitting and standing as needed
- Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb
- Twist at waist level
- Reach above shoulder level, at waist/desk level, and below waist/desk level
- Finger with right hand, left hand, and both hands (fine motor)
- Feel with right hand, left hand, and both hands (sensing temperatures and textures)
The employee is occasionally required to:
Push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
The employee is required to:
- Talk person to person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
- Hear in person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
- Possess near, midrange, far, peripheral, and depth perception vision
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Nivel de formación requerido Título de licenciatura
- Mobile, Alabama, EE. UU.