Preschool Child Care Director
Job Title: Preschool Child Care Director
Branch: Upper Main Line YMCA
Location: Berwyn, PA
Schedule: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000/year
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine has an exciting, cause-driven leadership opportunity as the Preschool Child Care Director for the Upper Main Line YMCA.
Under the direction of the Senior Association Director of Education and Youth Development, the Childcare Director is responsible for providing a supportive and nurturing environment where children can learn, grow and thrive. The Childcare Director is responsible for the daily operation and management of the Childcare Early Learning Center (CELC) and Camp. Duties include supervision of the CELC program and Camp, ensuring compliance with all Department of Human Services regulations, curriculum design, and budget management. This full-time, exempt position will supervise full-time and part-time staff. The Childcare Director is required to complete annual Keystone STARS trainings and comply with the branch's STAR level requirements as well as increase the program's star level. The Childcare Director will provide staff leadership and supervision and enhance youth development in the CELC and Camp programs.
- Manages the child care program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; securing, scheduling, and maintaining the needed facilities; creating and scheduling the activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including DHS regulations and ADA accommodations where appropriate; ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Reviews program plans and records to ensure consistency with evidence-based best practices.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Maintains staff schedules and evaluates staff performance.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations (e.g., state child care licensing agency, school administration) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Maintains all Childcare staff DHS files to ensure the files are complete and all documents are current and up-to-date based on DHS requirements.
- Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as committees, special events, and fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Special Education, Elementary Education or Human Services field, required
- Minimum of two years of direct supervisory experience required
- Minimum of two years of childcare experience with the YMCA or within another organization required
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free YMCA family membership, free employee medical insurance on select plans with minimal cost dental and vision insurance along with a generous employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. Also offered are program discounts on YMCA of Greater Brandywine programs, camps, childcare, and continuing education classes at Immaculata University, as well as up to four free hours of Child Watch per day.
- Tipo de pago Salario