Psychiatrist - Outpatient Clinic
The Psychiatrist leads the overall medical and psychosocial wellbeing of the patients receiving services at OLV Human Services, ensuring the best possible health outcomes for the individuals in treatment. Scope of practice includes evaluating and diagnosing medical and psychosocial conditions, developing and implementing treatment plans, prescribing psychotropic medications, and medication management. Individuals supported include youth in the OMH Residential Treatment Facility, and Day Treatment programs. Providing back up to other agency psychiatrists is also a key duty and will include periodic on call responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provide diagnostic examinations for client intake, including interview of patient, family and other providers; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
2. Develop treatment plans aligned with evidenced based practices, by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
3. Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress and providing instructions to patient, family and providers; monitoring effects of medications, ensuring alignment with standard psychiatric treatment guidelines.
4. Triage and treat in emergent situations, as appropriate for the clinical setting, including referral of emergent conditions beyond the scope of care at location, as appropriate.
5. Member of interdisciplinary treatment team, consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
6. Participates in Utilization Review and QA/QI committees, and assists with policy development and adherence, ensuring compliance with standard psychiatric treatment guidelines.
7. Maintains accurate and complete patient records, ensuring timely completion in OLV Human Services EMR.
8. Work directly with all the clinical treatment team on all aspect of operation as well as provide staff training for clinical competence.
9. Completes Continuing Education as required for NYS Licensure; updates job knowledge by participation in continuing medical educational opportunities; maintain professional networks; participate in professional organizations; explore new and different opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and the agency.
10. Provide back up for other agency psychiatrists, including some on call duties.
11. Additional duties as the program designates.
12. Complies with all federal and state regulations and agency policies pertaining to HIPAA, false claims, whistleblower policies and all others.
13. Performs all other job-related duties assigned by supervisor.
· Key medical competencies for psychiatric practices
· Clinical knowledge of appropriate evidence based treatment modalities for children and families
· Knowledge of OMH regulatory expectations
· Knowledge of electronic record keeping
· Communication: Oral and written
· Attention to detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Problem solving: Takes a systematic approach to solving problems rather than reacting to symptoms.
· Decision-making ability: The aptitude to extract, interpret, integrate and manage information correctly and make timely and concise decisions for the best course of action, among multiple alternatives, to enable the decision-making process to take place on a higher level in order to achieve objectives.
· Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Minimum Degree Required: Graduate degree, Licensed Psychiatrist
Minimum Experience Required: 1 year psychiatric practice experience preferred
Required License/Registration/ Certification: Board Certified Licensed Psychiatrist
- New Hire Orientation
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions.
· The constant physical demand of the position is sitting.
· The frequent physical demands of the position are standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
· The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Type de paie À heure
- Taux min. à l'embauche 100,00 $
- Études requises Doctorat
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, États-Unis