3rd Shift Production Leader II
This position will work to create a culture of excellence inside the framework of Sauder Manufacturing Company’s Core Values, by planning and coordinating their work and providing positive coaching to help them meet their goals. Investigate, analyze, and resolve issues in areas of safety, quality, and productivity. Develop action plans and facilitate the plan execution. Promote a positive lean culture with a proactive and persistent emphasis on safety and continuous improvement. Train and mentor employees in lean methodologies, empower and engage them in continuous improvement and the lean journey.
- Lead and engage employees
- Maintain and Develop employees
- Performance Review process with employees
- Help with disciplinary actions of employees
- Assist with interviews
- Lead safety investigation within the department
- Ensures employees have proper training and cross training
- Maintain quality & on-time delivery standards
- Ensures daily production goals are met
- Facilitate department meetings
- Supervises employees and makes decisions on product flow within department
- A working knowledge of the following lean tools: A3 Problem Solving, Standard Work, 5-S, Visual Management, 8 Wastes, 5 Why, PDCA, etc.
- Able to build a reputation and relationships across the plant to achieve results through influence and servant leadership
- Able to implement change by facilitating and coaching employees to accomplish tasks, stay motivated and accountable, and mentor the teams to achieve goals.
- Must be detail oriented
- Regular lifting and maneuvering and positioning of product up to 40 lbs
- Requires full shift of standing, walking, bending and lifting
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Able to read, write and follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Strong communication skills
- Able to use hand held power tools with accuracy and precision
- Able to assist in training employees
- Ensures a safe working environment by conforming to all safety guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)Woodworking craft skills, Lock out/Tag out
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions. Willing to take some risk, but also take responsibility for decisions.
- Computer proficiency - Access, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience with integrated ERP business systems (HFA-Friedman preferred).
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- 3-5 years’ related work experience with key responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Previous Leadership Experience required
Key Attributes Required:
- A self-starting, goal-oriented, customer-focused individual who takes personal accountability and acts in accordance with the Company’s Values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 8 hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to work on shop floor production Personal protective equipment such as eye protection and ear protectionmay be required in the shop floor environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Famille d'emplois SMC-Office Hourly
- Type de paie À heure
- Sauder Manufacturing Co, 201 Horton Street, Stryker, Ohio, États-Unis d’Amérique